Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas, New Year's, and More.....



Happy New Year, everyone! I can't believe it is 2010. It seems as though only yesterday it was 2000--how time truly flies!!! Our Christmas was a laid-back one this year, but it was definitely exciting for the grandparents. When we do Christmas around here, both sets of our parents get together to celebrate because our families are so small. We announced to them we are expecting in August, and boy--they were excited!!! (I'm glad we finally told them because I had kept the secret from them since December 1st--and I felt really yucky on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.... I think it was all of the food smells at once... Those are really getting to me right now!) Anyway, that was an exciting surprise for them! Weiss really had a great time; this year, he was REALLY into Christmas, saying "Merry Christmas," and opening packages. In fact, he kept opening packages when I would walk out of the room! (Good thing I only put out packages on Christmas Eve, or he would have opened everything!!!!) And by the way, Weiss is STILL saying "Merry Christmas....." We tell him Christmas is over, but he tells us "NO! Christmas is NOT over!!"

As for New Year's Eve, I had friends from San Antonio come to visit for lunch--Lucretia, Kayla, and Alexis Kebreau. I was certainly glad to see them; we ate some Cajun food and had some fun catching up on old times. Last night, we went out to Leslie and Jason Coleman's house and had a great time with their 3 kids, the Duvalls, the Burns, and the other Coleman family. We ate a feast of king crab legs, Chef Leslie's (yes, she really is a chef!) oven-baked chicken, and sides we had all brought. We then went outside and popped fireworks with the kiddos and the kids lit sparklers. The kids all played and Weiss LOVES their Step 2 extreme coaster! He loves that thing whenever we go over there... I've included a picture.... We're going to have to get him one for the spring/summer.... Anyway, the adults played Rockband on Wii and sang some country songs.... Super fun. We rang in the New Year early and then were out by 9 PM for the kiddos. I was in bed and asleep by 11 PM. Because it was New Year's, we let Weiss snuggle in bed with us last night. Today, I think we are going to take it easy; I want to see Avatar in Austin on an IMAX screen in 3D, so I think we are going to do that today or tomorrow evening..... I hope you all have a wonderful New Year and had a blessed Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My niece and nephew got the Step 2 coaster that is one step down from this one (my nephew just turned 2 so the extreme coaster was out of the question), and they LOVED it. It looked like so much fun!