Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Here's to Some Changes......

As you can plainly see, I have sorely neglected my family's blog.... Although I am busy most of the time with the kids, I certainly could make time for my blog, and I really should be making time, because I know it will be something I will look back upon one day as a treasure trove of memories for my little family.


By saying this, instead of detailing some senseless, nonsensical things of the past--as you can read in my previous posts--I want to only write when I actually have something of relative importance to say. (I previously was slapping up blog posts onto the web I would write in record time, so I was getting fairly lax regarding my usage of spelling and grammar.... Yikes!)


So what will the "new" blog posts be about? Yes, you will certainly witness me stepping up upon my proverbial soapbox on occasion, because this, my dear friends, is part of the essence in which God made me. However, I want to offer things that will benefit others, but in particular, my children, who are truly my magna opera in life. Their understandings of the world around them but most importantly, the Creator of the Universe and Father of Lights, begins with Logan and me, and one day we will answer for this foundational structure we have established within each of our children. We are seeking to honor God in raising our children to glorify Him as they grow old. Ultimately, I want to encourage my kiddos to love others because we have first been loved, and to forgive, as we first have been forgiven. I want them to live this precious gift of life to its fullest potential, realizing how precious indeed it truly is and how incredibly blessed each of us are. I want them to know we are not here by chance--there is an incredible purpose for each of our lives, even though we may forget this on occasion in the sometimes monotonous state of this thing we call "life."


On a lighter note, I seek to use this blog to also document my "fun" side. Of course, I'll throw in some recipes (because going paperless makes it easy and my recipes are always easier to retrieve on the computer), good books (I have a hunger for a wide variety of books), and, of course, pictures of the latest antics of Weiss and Klein, and perhaps a few shenanigans of their parents....


Here's to turning over a new leaf.


"The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Those who are planted in the house of the LORD
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
To declare that the LORD is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him." --Psalm 92:12-15

No comments: