Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some Catchin' Up to Do.....

Hello, All! I have been enjoying the cooler weather the past few days here in Marble Falls and my recent trip to West Texas last weekend. Weiss and I had a great time, but we came back with sinus junk! Logan had gone to a dental conference in Dallas with Dickey, and he escaped the lovely allergy/sinus junk. What have we been up to the past few weeks this month? Weiss has been busy with school, going to the library, Lo busy with work, we finished Financial Peace (we LOVE Dave Ramsey--he's an awesome guy!!!) and I ran the San Antonio Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon. We all were gone last weekend (what I mentioned earlier) and this weekend is the lovely Thanksgiving holiday with family! We are officially celebrating on Friday because my Mom and Dad are getting here on Friday because of work. So tomorrow (Thursday), we will be doing the Austin Turkey Trot with Dickey, which is hosted by Thundercloud Subs and helps to feed the local homeless. (It is really fun---last year, there were many dogs and costumes---people dressed as turkeys, Santa Claus, Indians, and pilgrims!) We can't wait for this year's five miles!

And as always, I feel overwhelmingly blessed this Thanksgiving. I hope all of you do, as well. My God blesses me abundantly and keeps on blessing me each breath I breathe. I am so thankful for my faith, family, friends, health, church family, community, our nation ('m a bit partial to Texas--teeheehee), my dog, our beautiful world--plants, animals, and all, good food, my beautiful home, good music (my favorite pasttime), books (another favorite pasttime), and much, much more......

Today, Weiss and I began to set out Christmas nativities. I put a special table in his room to place his 3 nativities upon--Veggie Tales, Fisher-Price, and his newest and coolest, Playmobil. For those of you who want to get your child a nativity set, I would highly suggest this one. Granted, I will really have to watch him around this one, but each of the kings have special gifts to give to baby Jesus, and there is so much DETAIL. You can REALLY tell the Christmas story in detail, and the kings LOOK like kings, and the shepherd really LOOKS like a nomadic shepherd. (The only complaint I have is the little, kidlike angel, but Weiss got a kick out of it.... He raced around his room saying, "Fly, Angel, FLY!") It even comes with a small story book telling the Christmas story. The neat background is included. I will have to post pictures of his nativity table and Texas Tech Christmas tree when they are all finished, but here is the Playmobil nativity....




We also got him a neat Playmobil advent calendar instead of a candy one this year. It's pretty incredible..... Every year, Playmobil changes their advent calendar and does a different theme to collect, and they aren't expensive--about $18.00, but the previous year's versions sell for quite a bit because there are BIG Playmobil collectors out there. I think this will be something we do for each Christmas season.... Here is this year's Playmobil advent calendar... It's a forest animal, winter theme.


No comments: