Friday, May 14, 2010

The Month of May.....

Hello, all! I cannot believe it is almost June.... May has just seemed to fly by! I don't know if it is because I have been working at my internship or what, but this is exciting and scary at the same time. Exciting in the sense that Baby Klein will be here quickly, but scary because I have yet to begin painting/assembling/decorating his room. We have so much to accomplish and so little time! I will begin two classes next week, which will end the second week or so of July. Between my "Counseling Women" and "Addictions" classes, Logan and my Bradley birthing classes, church, Weiss's swimming lessons, preparing/painting both of the boys' rooms and organizing the house, catching up with friends I've neglected because of work via countless play dates, YoungLives camp, Logan and my 5 year anniversary trip, cooking dinner more often (yep, I've really missed it!) and the more frequent trips in to Austin to see the midwife, I will be SUPER busy! Hey---that only means the little guy will be here soon! I'm looking forward to it!

So on that note, I am hoping his arrival will get me blogging again frequently! I am really hoping to get a phone upgrade with video or something that can capture video quickly and easily, where I can upload it to the blog. (I know I have not been very "techo-savvy" in the past, but I am trying to change all of that--soon!) We have a great video camera, but by the time I get it out, I've usually missed the precious moment I was intending to capture in the first place! This might just be the "gift" I give to me when the baby gets here so I can capture all of those moments of the boys and share some with my bloggy friends. (Or it may come in the format of Logan getting a new phone and me getting his old one with video.... Hey--I don't mind his 'sloppy seconds!')

About Logan---he and Dickey have settled in to the new office and are busy, busy. I thought Dickey's Big Spring staff was just wonderful and he could never top them, but they have got some great staff members here. As a matter of fact, one of his loyal staffers made the move from Big Spring with her husband down here! We are so blessed to have her--and everyone else. Last week, the guys took the staff to the Texas Dental Association convention, which is held in San Antonio annually. (This is a perk for us.... We live so close in, and it is always in San Antonio!) I stayed behind because I am closing with my clients and cannot just leave them these last few weeks. I only get to see some of them one more week or so....

Logan and I have begun our Bradley Method birthing classes with Stacey Elwartowski, who is just fabulous! She is the only Bradley instructor in this area, and I am so thankful, or else we would be trucking in to Austin for 2 hours each week for 12 weeks! Because most people don't do the Bradley method out here in the rural area because all of the docs induce people from Marble Falls because we are farther out from hospitals, not many people out here have taken the classes with her. Because of this, we have her ALL to ourself. So it is a private class, basically. (We do have some friends--Casey and Hannah, who are expecting their 3rd child and may do a "refresher" with us, however, and drop in on some classes. We are really close with them, so we would love to have them join us!!) I think we really are both enjoying the Bradley class... It is very informational and "out of the box," so to speak. It also gives us some time to spend time together sans Weiss, who stays with Dickey and Cinda when we are at class.

Logan is also leaving bright and early, EARLY tomorrow morning to Key Biscayne, (Miami) Florida until Thursday to attend more continuing education classes at the Pankey Institute. His dad took many weeks of class there when he was beginning his career, and Logan is following in his footsteps. Weiss and I will be at it alone this week, but Dickey and Cinda are here if I need them.

And Weiss---he is growing, growing, growing! He is still OBSESSED with Thomas the Train, which is a bit annoying when he wants to read their books OVER and OVER again--and when he can read them verbatim back to us, which only verifies his obsession. However, he would rather be on the floor building/engineering a train track or lining up his engines any day before he would want to watch television.... UNLESS it is a Thomas show on DVD, of course! He now is at the magical age where he is really using his imagination, so this is extremely cute with his trains. I really crack up when I hear one train arguing with the other one... "No!" "Yes!" "No, Thomas!" "Yes, Percy!" (Repeat ad nauseum.)

You get the idea......

We also found a HUGE fuzzy caterpillar outside on our sweet basil plants. I gently placed him in Weiss's bug barn with lots of basil leaves. Weiss has adoringly named him "Cupcake." Cupcake, I have determined, will probably turn out to be some type of large, exotic moth species, but I hope he/she/it survives so Weiss can witness the metamorphosis one on one. That thing is an eating machine! I will put a large amount of basil (about as much that is in the small plastic herb packs at the grocery store) in his bug barn, and he will devour it in 24 hours or so.... Logan's first question was, "Are WE going to have any basil left???"

Hahahaha!!! We all know we sacrifice for our kids, folks!

Something precious Weiss said the other day.... Weiss loves our neighbor, Cathy Dellinger. He calls her "Ca-fee." Weiss is always saying, "God made ________." (He will then insert any random object/animal/word.) Well, Weiss said, "Mom, God made Ca-fee, and God made coffee!" I thought that was just precious!!!!!

No comments: