Sunday, December 14, 2008

Goodness--December is half over!!!

Eating cake on his "real" birthday, Monday the 15th. You can still tell Weiss doesn't feel up to par, but we sang "Happy Birthday" and relit the "deedles" (candles) four times....
Weiss is notorious for not posing for pictures, so this is all I could get as he walked by.... He had his singing Elmo stocking by the head and his TT hoodie on. (It would have been a great picture, but he's too busy for that....)
Elmo Live! (If you haven't seen him, he really is cool and does LOTS of things...Much more high tech than the original "Tickle Me Elmo!")
His cake, complete with Elmo, Dorothy the Goldfish, and Mr. Noodle, all from the "Elmo's World" show Weiss watches on DVD. He knows all of the characters names and can even sing the theme song...he is very attached to Elmo.....

Well, for those of you reading, I apologize for being so lazy with my blog the past 2 weeks. I only blog when Weiss is asleep, and I've been preoccupied with my final the past two weeks---a very long research paper. But now, class is over until January, so I have more free time at night on my hands when I would normally be studying, writing a paper of some sort, or reading my textbooks.
Anyway, December has been a fun month so far, and I can't believe the year is almost over and CHRISTmas is quickly approaching! Tomorrow is Weiss's official 2nd birthday, too.....I can't believe my little Pookie Bear is two. It doesn't seem like he could be that (gulp) OLD. We had a family party for him Friday night. Everything was Elmo themed, from the majority of his gifts, to his cake.... He LOVES Elmo! (And since we have "donated" so much to Elmo and Sesame Street, I sure hope our future children like him as well as Weiss does!!!) Dickey, Cinda, Mom and Dad were here at our house, and poor Weiss was sick, running a fever. We are pretty sure it's a cold and his sinuses, because a front blew in Thursday, and it made Logan and I feel bad, as well.
We had a big event planned: before the party here, we were all going to go to the Bethlehem at Burnet and see baby Jesus and the live animals. I was really excited, along with everyone else. But we had to scratch that because he felt terrible. Before we ate dinner, he blew out the candles on his Elmo cake and opened a few packages, in a daze. Saturday we had planned to drive into San Antonio with Mom and Dad and go to CBC's CHRISTmas program, which I know was awesome. But we also had to scratch that, as well, including church this morning here at Marble Falls. So it has been a lazy weekend. One of my neighbors told me it looked like everyone had camped out here for the weekend and didn't move, and that's what we did, besides making an HEB run for food and Schlotzsky's. Mom and Dad were also here to stay, but they didn't mind. Little Weiss has slept alot and been very clingy since Friday. Poor little guy....Just this evening, however, he seemed to be feeling better and was acting silly, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him. If not, he'll have to go visit Dr. Madrigal....
With Weiss turning two, the little man has already spent 1/9 of his remaining time with us before he's off to college!!!! Mommy's gonna cry.....

No comments: