Monday, August 24, 2009

And While We're on the Subject of Sesame Street....

I thought I would post this... I love how Sesame Street uses current songs/artists to convey a learning principle to kiddos. (And it also helps "woo" the parents because it's entertaining, too....) This is one of Weiss's favorites current Sesame Street songs by Feist. The song was made popular because it was in an Apple Computer commericial, and then Feist showed up on Sesame Street. I bought the CD, and when it is in the car, guess what Weiss has us listen to, over and OVER???? "1, 2, 3, 4....."

I am CONSTANTLY singing Sesame Street's praises.... Weiss can now count to 15 and recognizes about two-thirds of the alphabet, and I certainly attribute this to the show. Each episode, there's a "letter of the day" and "number of the day," and I think those 7 AM episodes on PBS and all of the Sesame Street DVDs have really helped him out! Thank you, Sesame Street!

No comments: