Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Busy Week....


Hello, Everyone!

Sorry for the "blogging delay," but we've had some summer fun.... Last Monday and Tuesday were VBS here at Marble Falls FBC, and I was volunteering. Mr. Weiss came along to play, even though he was too little for the classes (aww.... he would have loved them!) I worked with the Pre-K group.... I had a great time, but I was thankful to return home to my own little man! (It's like those "mom swaps" on TV---they're fun at first, but everyone is crying for their own mom at the end.... That's how I feel about Weiss! I wanted him back by noontime!)

Monday afternoon, Cinda kept Weiss and I made a trip in to Austin to get Weiss a train table with several Thomas the Train accessories. I then went to Whole Foods for groceries and then came home to set up the table. When Logan walked in with Weiss (he went to pick him up), Weiss screamed and said, "Thank you, Mommy--Thank you Daddy!" He kept saying this over and OVER.... So precious! He had the biggest meltdown EVER when it was time for his bath.... He LOVES his new train set and has played with it constantly from the day I got it.... It was money well-spent, I might say!

Tuesday, Weiss and I drove to Hamilton to meet Mom and Dad...We ate some good Mexican food (Mom--can you remember the name of the restaurant?) and I drove in to Dallas to spend some R&R time! I met up with Cinda, and I went to the pool while she and Kay McDaniel went to market (Terry and I stayed at the pool)....

I got a bit of sun, too! (Actually, WAY too much!) As I have gotten "older," I have wisened up. I used to worship the sun, staying brown year 'round, thanks to the tanning bed. I was addicted like a smoker is to cigarettes. Bad, I know......

After I had Weiss, there was no time for that. (And I noticed sun spots appearing on my body....AGHHH!) Now, the only tan I get comes from a can. I am diligent about wearing sunscreen on my face, neck, and back of my hands. And yes, I am a bit obsessive about spray-tans; sometimes, I look like an Oompa-Loompa. However, I was a bit late on the sunscreen last week. I am paying for it now....

The McDaniels and Cinda and I ate some great, great food. We went to Charlie Palmer's and Abacus.... We stayed at the Joule, which was INCREDIBLE.... The pool is awesome... It is on the tenth floor, and hangs out over the sidewalk.... That was pretty crazy.... It was solid glass overlooking the street!! (I've included a picture of the outside of the hotel... The pool is the glowing blue to the top right....) Thank you, awesome Mom-In-Law! (I am thinking about booking a night for Logan and I sometime in the fall.... He would love it....)

Anyway, I left Saturday morning to get Weiss in Merkel. I stayed with Mom and Dad, and we ran into Abilene for the afternoon. Weiss had seemed to have grown the short time I was gone! I left Sunday morning to meet Logan and Dickey in Big Spring.... They moved Logan's grandad (Pawpaw/Delbert) to the Veteran's Hospital, which has a hospice floor. They are trying to get Delbert in down here in Marble Falls, but there is a waiting list for the nursing homes they want him in.....

Anyway, he is not doing well at all, but he was having a good day on Sunday; he knew all of our names, and even remembered little Weiss. Weiss was an AWESOME sport, too.... He even sat on Delbert's lap in the wheelchair and let him love all over him. (Thank you, Weiss!) I couldn't have been a prouder mommy! Logan and I then stopped by the cemetery to see Meagan's grave. (For those of you who don't know, Meagan is Logan's sister who was two years older--they lost her to cancer at age 17.) We then got on the road and made it back to Marble Falls.

Weiss and I have just taken it easy this week (he's played with his train table) and I've been cleaning up around the house. I wrap up my career counseling class final this week and won't have another class until late August. It is nice. I am taking a break! See you soon!

No comments: