Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer Lovin'.....

Hello, Everyone! As I sit here, Weiss and I are pretty soaked. We had a little "water fight" today. I watered my plants and beds in the front of the house with a shower hose, and Weiss decided to soak me when it was his turn. So--I got revenge on my 2-year-old. Unmerciful, I know....

This week, all activities have really slowed down. Don't get me wrong: I love the summer and all of the activities associated with it, but since our normal routine is changing for the summer, I am somewhat sad. (Less social time for me; Bible studies are ending for the summer, et cetera). However, there will be more time for the fun summer stuff, like yesterday: Weiss and I went down to the lake and played in the water. It's so nice to hop in the jogging stroller and just go. We'll also probably be venturing into Austin more, and also to the pool, just so I won't go nuts--and Weiss, too!!! Our library is doing a summer reading program, and we may get involved with that. And if anyone knows of a good snowcone stand around here, let me know!!! (You know--the really good shaved ice, not the crunchy stuff.) Weiss has yet to experience the bliss of a sticky snowcone.

We had to get up early this morning because I got a FLAT yesterday. I went to register Weiss for preschool next year at FBC, and noticed my car's warning light was on. I didn't know exactly what was wrong: was it squirrels--AGAIN--like in San Antonio? (For those of you that didn't know, a squirrel in San Antonio did $1200 worth of electrical damage to my car, TWO WEEKS IN A ROW. Apparently the squirrel only had an acquired taste a la Nissan Murano, because no one else's car in the neighborhood was "eaten." And I'm talking NOT driveable, folks. I did some research, and apparently, certain models of car insulation parts are made of soy derivatives---NO WONDER he liked the flavor.) Nothing was this dramatic this time. Just a roofing nail. And of course---there are roofers EVERYWHERE in our neighborhood, still cleaning up from the huge hailstorm two months ago.

I returned home, and noticed my tire was rather low. So Logan filled it up this morning to get me to Jimbo's, the guy who has worked on my car. I had to take Weiss because Daddy had to go to work. We then drove out to Horseshoe Bay to have a playdate with Noah, Karen and David Cotrell's grandson, who was in town for the week. They had fun together; Noah told me he was a dinosaur/tiger, while Weiss was a dog. They chased each other around and played cars. We read a few books, while Karen and I attempted to visit. We had a great time, and Noah is a cutie. When I got there, Karen came to the door with her hair in a towel, and Noah was in his PJs. It was cute. She told me he had a few meltdowns, and she had lots of phone calls, so she had a hard time getting ready. (Very relatable. The story of one's life with a small child.) I brought my camera, and did I take any pictures? I am ashamed. Anyway, the boys had fun, and we plan to get them together the next time he is in town.

On a random note, we are blessed to have a little nature experiment in our front yard. Mom and Dad brought two Topsy-Turvy tomato plant kits down, and I planted tomato plants in them, hanging them upside down on a big stake in the yard. The tops of the planters--where you water the plants--are waist high. Apparently, a bird made a nest in one of them. She has added an egg each day or so. Now there are FIVE eggs! It's so cool because we can get really close to her and the eggs, and Weiss will really get to see these birds up close. So pray for health for the birds; Weiss wants to check out the eggs all of the time, and I have explained there will be baby birds soon. And pray for NO CATS, raccoons, anything to eat the little birds. The Topsy-Turvy planter feels like a safe place for the birds, and hopefully nothing can get to them. Weiss has big expectations now.......

No comments: