Monday, February 9, 2009

Fun Weekend!!!!

Well, Logan, Weiss and I have had a fun weekend.... Weiss got to stay with Mia and Grappa, while Logan and I enjoyed some downtime together and date nights!!! Friday evening, Logan and I went to Alamo Drafthouse in Austin have dinner and a movie. We both had never been before, and it was so much fun!!! We saw "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood, which was one of the best movies we had both seen in a long time. I mean it. It was great and very moving. Although there's some rough language, it is very true to life. It's worth seeing. We some falafels, pita and tziki, a bleu cheese burger with fries, and a chocolate malt. I had organic root beer and he had a Shiner Bock. It was a fairly decent meal (for theater food!) and we had a great time to boot! I loved the "indie" feel of the Drafthouse; they showed old '60s previews before the movies that were very retro. The entire feel was VERY Austin indeed. 
We got to SLEEP IN on Saturday morning!!! Because I naturally get up early to do my exercising/getting ready before Weiss gets up, I bounced awake at 7:30. I went for a quick run with Zoey dog---I baled from my running group earlier in the morning because I had a nasty cough, so I had to stop and walk quite often due to my constant hacking. I got home, got dressed, got all of my homework done, while Logan snoozed. After he woke up, I fixed bacon and biscuits with coffee. 
After the late breakfast, we headed to IKEA...I had been wanting to go for quite some time to get some ideas for Weiss's "big boy room" and other parts of the house we are changing. Logan looked at cabinets for their temporary office. And, as always, IKEA is AWESOME!!! I get an adrenaline rush just walking in the store!!! AHHH!!! We didn't buy much but got lots of ideas---the whole purpose of our child-free trip. We did get an awesome rug for our bedroom, though. We then went to REI next door and looked for a long time, each finding something in the store to take home. We then drove straight to Kingsland to meet the Cochrans, Slykers, Nails, and Carters for dinner at Tamale King!!! YUMMO! It was great because FBCMF was having a Parent's Night Out and doing childcare, so they all came without their kiddos, too. (Tamara did bring their teeny guy, Grant. He was perfect, though! So cute!) We ate dinner and then went back by Dickey and Cinda's there in Kingsland to check on my Pookie Bear. I was missing him! He, however, was having a grand ol' time. He was playing on a new holstein "tractor" with an attached trailer Grappa had assembled this weekend. Mia was burning up because she had been pushing him all around the house! We visited with Logan's parents and headed home.
On Sunday, we got up and went to church--still childless! After church, we went to the new Lowe's--it had been open only since Friday! It was spotless and full of fun home stuff... We stayed for awhile and looked at everything we each wanted to look at; we weren't rushed by Mr. Weiss or by any time table for the day---NICE. We went home, had some chili Cinda had fixed, I played the Wii for a while and Logan took a nap. We then went driving around and to see Logan's temporary office, which is all sheetrock at this point. However, it is coming along! We then got a Frosty at Wendy's and met Dickey and Cinda to pick up Weiss. Logan stayed with his parents because they were going to meet with the builder to discuss some things. Weiss and I went home, and I made spaghetti with homemade meatballs--it was the first time I have ever done my spaghetti like that. (I normally just use ground round in little pieces in the sauce--not individual meatballs.) The meatballs were more labor-intensive, but I think Weiss and everyone liked them. Anyway, Weiss and Daddy played before he went to bed. He is talking up a storm and now pretty much repeats anything you say--or tries to. It is so precious! He's beginning to get a good sense of humor, which I love! He laughs at silly things with this hearty belly laugh. I just adore it!!!

No comments: