Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This Week.....

This may be the only time you hear from the Stanley Family this week, because the "designated blogger" is very overwhelmed with homework/projects this week, and it just so happened to fall on the Easter holiday....

Anyway, enough with my pity party....

Some quick Weiss blurbs:

Today, I picked him up and we were rocking in the recliner/rocker... He was really getting into the rocking, and he was moving his head to give the chair some momentum... Because he was facing me in my lap, his head and my head collided, and he busted my lip! I said "Ouch!" and had to kind of pull it together for a moment because my eyes were watering and my lip was bleeding... I think I made a sort of moan sound and Weiss whispered, "Mama?" I looked up at him because that was so sweet, and then he put his little hand on the side of my face, looked me in the eyes and said "Mama" again but in a pitifully sad voice.... It really was so sweet. He really was worried he hurt me.

Well, it hurt only for a bit! Hey, it's better a busted lip than a busted nose! (I have always had this fear of a broken nose....)


"Act of Compassion by My Son #2"

Several hours later after the first incident, Weiss was bouncing off the walls. I had been chasing him around, the dog was wired, and we were having a good time. I sat down on the couch to turn on "American Idol" and Weiss was still wired. He started flailing his arms around, and he purposely ran his little fingernails down my leg, which SMARTED!!!! (I guess this was a bizarre day....I usually don't have busted lips and legs scratched by my 2-year-old....)

Anyway, I told him "no!" and lightly swatted his diaper with my hand because he doesn't usually do stuff like that. He immediately looked up at me solemnly and said, "I sorry, Mama." I couldn't help but melt.

It's so awesome to see the things you are trying to teach your child FINALLY manifested in their actions. Granted, we still have a long way to go, but it is great to see the seeds of compassion taking root in our child. I pray for Weiss to change the world, or if not that, HIS little corner of the world, and so this is a good start for a 2-year-old!


Granted, I'm a little partial.........hahaha

No comments: