Sunday, January 4, 2009

Recap of our fun weekend.....

It's been a fun weekend. Cinda took Weiss so Logan and I could spend some time together, and we saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which was really great. (Logan really liked it, and so that says alot....) We went to Starbucks and got coffee and had their new Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte for the first time, which we are both now addicted to. (I had one Friday evening, Saturday morning, and he just brought me one back this afternoon....ADDICTED!!!) 
Anyway, Saturday, Logan went to get a deer, but didn't see anything worth shooting. (NOTE: For those of you who don't know us that well, we love venison and usually keep our freezer stocked, but I guess we'll eat more beef this next year....) I got a cut and color and then Logan and I met at Round Mountain to eat at the "Real New Orleans Restaurant." If you haven't been there, it is excellent Cajun food for this area. The people who run it are originally from New Orleans and left right before Hurricane Katrina. We had fried chicken, red beans, rice and sausage, crawfish etouffe, seafood gumbo, bread pudding, and topped it off with New Orleans style coffee. It was excellent, but we felt like slugs after we left. However, the weather was so nice, we got in 9 holes of golf here at Meadowlakes. (It was my first time golfing since I had Weiss!!!) We then drove straight out to Cinda's at Kingsland and ate short ribs with parsnips and thyme, sweet onion shortcake and a great slaw she made with green apples and anise. As always, her cooking was superb. We took Weiss home, but him to bed, and then Logan and I watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." We had a SUPER FUN weekend.
Today (Sunday) we got up and went to early church and Sunday School. When we got home, I put corned beef and cabbage on for our evening meal. I went on a run with Zoey dog and then Logan napped while Weiss and I went to Logan's beloved store, Walmart. (Not really.... he despises Wally World!) Anyway, when we were leaving, Weiss was saying, "Holy, holy?" I finally figured out: I have been listening to Chris Tomlin's newest CD, and track 8 says "holy, holy" many times, and I guess Weiss really likes the song. When the song was over, he would say, "More Holy, holy?" So we listened to the same song to and from Walmart. I was smiling the entire way. I tend to listen to praise and worship, but sometimes I still listen to pop or other music. However, the little man is retaining EVERYTHING he sees, hears, and does. It is amazing. It makes me all the more aware of that old saying, "garbage in, garbage out." Some of you may not agree with me on that, but as a mommy, I definitely feel that way in this crazy world we all live in and where Logan and I are raising our child. God, through my child, keeps me aware daily that everything I do or say influences the molding and upbringing of my child. So that is a BIG responsibility to consider, but I am thankful. 

No comments: