Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Week's Recap....

Hello, All! We are still here, surviving in the ridiculous heat......

I am ready for some rain.... Weiss and I have spent some time almost each day in the water, whether it is our sprinklers, Weiss's "frog" pool, the Meadowlakes pool, the lake, or at the pools of generous friends....

And the days we haven't been in the pool, we've been in "pools" of our own sweat.... (Gross, I know... but true....)

I have a crazy story from the heat: Wednesday evening, I got in from choir at 7:15ish and took Zoey on a 3.2 mile run. She was really pulling hard against the leash after the first mile or so.... She was POOPED when she got in the house, and immediately went to sleep. She sort of limped home. However, she has run many times before, so I did not know why she was limping because I was running slow, as well....On Thursday morning, she was still limping.... She kept licking her front paws... I looked at her paws, and she had BLISTERS from the asphalt... I guess it was sooo hot... My poor baby....

Weiss finished up his swim lessons this week. He did really well; I am looking at putting him in private lessons or the ISR option, but I'm going to let more friends know about it first to see if we can get an instructor out here in no man's land...

We stayed cool on Friday night by going on a kayak ride as a family up Lake Marble Falls.... Ahhh---the breeze felt soooo good off the water... We had a great time, as usual! Weiss LOVES to kayak, and I really, really am enjoying it, too!

Currently, Weiss is pooped... We went to two separate birthday parties this weekend (Sophia Burns and Zach Spillman)... I am exhausted, as well!

Weiss has been doing very well with potty training. (It's just that I have to remember to take him every 30 minutes or so......) However, it is so funny now--I will tell him to go potty, and he will usually go... YEAH!!!! He is sleeping through the night without going in his overnight diaper, so that is a good thing.

This post is a bit short and sloppy, but I am ready to retire for the evening. I have two great, great books I am reading (a mother/daughter memoir---I'll talk more about it in a future post---and "Revelation Unveiled" by Tim La Haye), so I want to go dive in!!!! :0)

No comments: