Sunday, July 12, 2009

WOW.... A Jam-Packed Day....

I am still recovering from yesterday (Saturday). It was such a fun day with Logan and Mr. Weiss. I got up, ran 6 miles (getting back on track for November's marathon) and then biked 4 with Weiss. After a quick shower, I made biscuits and eggs and Weiss played with his Thomas the Train stuff. I got a new book in the mail, so I was reading!!!! Logan watched Weiss while I showered and made coffee. Then we were off to the driving range! Logan got Weiss a club and he "chipped" onto the green for about 15 minutes. Then Weiss and I got in the Meadowlakes pool. He looked so cute in his floaties and swim ring! Logan joined us after he finished hitting his bucket of golf balls. We swam from 11:30 to 1:30 and then had lunch from the club afterwards at the pool. Weiss LOVED his foot-long corn dog! (We have some cute videos from Logan's phone--however, I don't know how to post them!)
We then all went home for a nap, followed by Ben and Jerry's ice cream. We all played a bit (Weiss was WIRED) and debated going to watch a movie. However, that was vetoed.... I went to Ginger and Spice to get Thai food for us all---Logan--red shrimp curry, Weiss--pad woon sen, me--pad woon sen. Afterwards, we took our kayak and went to get the Burns' kayak to take Weiss on his first kayak ride!!! He did great!!!! Logan and Weiss were in the Burns' kayak and I took ours. We were out about an hour..... SOOOOO much fun!!! I really got a good, full body workout yesterday! (Running, biking, swimming, golfing a bit, kayaking!) Logan put Weiss down while I showered and then we watched "Valkyrie," which was really good (we are both WWII buffs, so it was great....). Although we were very active, yesterday was a super-fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what book are you reading?

Courtney said...

Furtherupfurtherin, this probably sounds bizarre, but I'm reading "No Speed Limit: The Highs and Lows of Meth" by Frank Owen. It is very interesting, giving the history of the drug and its effects. The state of Texas requires an alcohol/drug addiction course for my counseling certification, so I wanted to know more about this drug that is so prevalent...