Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crazy, busy week--Still more to come, but I'm thankful!!!

Sorry I haven't posted lately.....No, it's not that I'm already dropping the ball.....I've just been so BUSY this week! Things I've done this week--and will be doing--from this past Monday to this coming Sunday--people over for dinner, cooking dinner, cleaning up kitchen and toy mess, a paper due, Bible study at Kingsland, Mom to Mom, lunch with Tiffany Kilgore, MOPS at CBC San Antonio, Bunko Night with 20 ladies---and sangria, a baby shower, YoungLife, 2 trips to Wal-Mart, 2 trips to H-E-B, cleaning up Weiss's Christmas sprinkle mess (see past blog), Mom and Dad coming over, dropping off Weiss and the dogs to Cinda, strip beds (ours, guest bedroom and Weiss) wash and remake, vacuum entire house, mop, do bathrooms, make 6 dozen pumpkin cookies and icing from scratch, pick up race packet in San Antonio, go to Academy in SA to get running "last minute" stuff, stop at SuperTarget/Starbucks (self-inflicted wounds), go to our old house to get a few boxes of Christmas decorations, lunch in SA with Lucretia, and early morning runs with Lexy and Denise. Oh--and I almost forgot--the MARATHON!!!! When it rains, it pours, and this has been a monsoon week for me!!!!
Granted, some of these things are regular, "scheduled" events, but there was alot of "excess" this week.....I am sure glad I don't work!!!! And I did give you a play-by-play of ALL of the things to let you know how I've kinda been stressing out....Of course, the one week I want to relax because the marathon is Sunday would be the busiest we've had since I've been in Marble Falls.....Next week will be a lazy one, and I mean lazy---my body is taking a break after the marathon for a few days.....
So yes, I admit I've been a bit stressed, but the hardest part (other than the marathon!) is over, and for this, I am thankful!!! I have a zillion and one things to be thankful for, and although life gets stressful at times, all of the things I've listed above aren't awful things--I think this week has just been "too much of a good thing." However, I am thankful!!!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. . . .You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." (Psalm 118:24, 28-29 [NIV])

1 comment:

Lexy said...

Whew!!! What a week! Sounds like a craaaazy one! I'm really really excited for you and your marathon this weekend! Wish I could be there in person... but I'll be tracking you online and cheering for you! Looking forward to reading your play by play of the whole thing! You are going to do AWESOME!!
See ya in the morning for one last run before the big day! :)