Friday, November 21, 2008

Today started out like a Monday.....


Hey everyone! Today I had planned to have leisurely Friday, to go into Austin on a quick trip to go to JCPenney's to get some silvery-gray corduroy pants to wear to our family photos tomorrow..... Well, Weiss and I left the house at 9:45, with directions to the nearest JCP on my trusty iPhone... (By the way, the map feature on the iPhone is why I love it so much.)

Things were going great--I was following the directions, and reached the end of the directions and, to my dismay---NO JCPENNEY'S. So---I call Logan. He knows the area, but didn't know of any store in the area. I call the JCP number listed. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring.....nothing. So, I whip out my phone again, and decide to drive to the next location. No problem. I'm meeting a friend for lunch at 12:30 in Marble Falls, so I am beginning to look at my clock nervously, but it's still 10:30. I call the next nearest JCP. I press "2" for directions, thinking I would get a live operator like Nordstrom. Ha, ha, ha---I was wrong. The computer told me the store was located at MoPac and Capitol of Texas Highway. So--I drive all the way out there.....
No JCPenney. At this point, it is 11:00 AM. I am getting frustrated, so I look at the next JCP location. There was one in Cedar Park, but that would make me late for lunch, and Nancy drove all the way in from Bertram for lunch... So you know what I did? I turned around and went back to Marble Falls, frustrated I could not find my pants, much less a JCPenney's store to purchase them in.... I drove to Austin for an errand and all Weiss and I did was DRIVE AROUND. Today was really beginning to feel like a Monday---fast.
Weiss and I met Nancy and her four precious girls for lunch. Weiss had been a super trooper in Austin, but my time was up. Weiss and I did not eat any of our meal at lunch because I was too busy chasing him around the restaurant! Thank goodness Nancy and her kiddos helped me wrangle him; he was a crazy toddler today!!! Afterwards, we quickly dropped by Calvary's Road to get him a book about Christmas and a Veggie Tales DVD and he wanted to sabotage the store's Christmas decorations! I needed a nap, and HE needed a nap, too....
Anyway, when Logan got home, we went to the Marble Falls Christmas parade and lighting of the city. Weiss loved it, and although we were on the curb and the firetruck siren blasted right in his ears, he seemed unphased. He really seemed to enjoy it! We saw the MFHS band, many floats and groups with kiddos throwing candy, and groups of retirees dancing with toilet plungers (yes----you read that right---the "Plungettes") and another group dancing with lawn chairs (from Sunrise Beach--the "Beachers"). Marble Falls is starting to feel like more of a small town; I am recognizing more and more people out and about.
Although it was pretty cold (the coolest day we've had so far this fall here), Weiss did not want his fuzzy hat or his blanket over his hands. I guess he was a little Popsicle, but he didn't care and he would scream whenever we tried to cover him up. So we came home and had leftover venison stew AND my leftover Italian food from lunch......
Thank goodness today's ending was MUCH better than the beginning.....

No comments: